Payroll and AP Accountant
Nelson Trucking – a Seattle fixture for over 100 years – is hiring for a Payroll/AP Accountant. We think Nelson Trucking is a pretty great place to work and we know you will love it too! This position works full time from our office in South Seattle. As the Payroll and AP Accountant, you will work with the Accounting team to oversee the company’s Payroll, AP, and DOT compliance. We will train the best candidate on DOT responsibilities but a strong understanding of Payroll and AP is required.
This role will complete AP, prevailing wage/union Payroll, and oversee all DOT recordkeeping for the Company. Additional responsibilities includes being the backup to Accounts Receivable, Reporting, and additional duties as assigned. This position will be cross-trained to complete all duties in the Accounting function to ensure that the company is in good financial standing with tasks completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Complete full cycle payroll including prevailing wage, union dues.
- Oversee PTO and benefit programs.
- Complete all AP including check runs and review for approvals.
- Maintain all DOT required recordkeeping including Driver Files, IFTA reports, Accident Logs, reporting and Workers Comp.
- Carry out and track biannual vehicle licensing.
- Create various reporting and analysis for banking and DOT including project costing, forecasting and billing data.
- Maintain company vacation calendars.
- Ensure compliance to state and federal laws.
- Filing and data entry.
- OSHA reporting and Workers Comp.
- Support Controller.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Associates degree with equivalent experience in an accounting department.
- 3 years of Accounting experience with similar job duties and increasing responsibilities.
- 2 years of Payroll experience. Preferred experience in Prevailing Wage and a union environment
- Knowledge of DOT record keeping and driver files.
- Strong organizational and time management skills required.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- Proficient Microsoft Office Suite and QuickBooks. Experience with QuickBooks Enterprise edition is preferred.
We offer a range of competitive benefits including 100% paid health benefits for employees and dependents, PTO, and 401k.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Recruiters please do not contact this job poster. Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.