General Freight Driver
Union position offering union scale wages, 100% company paid health benefits for the employee and dependents, rich pension contribution (Company contributes $5.43 per hour to pension) and much more! We are searching for a Class A CDL Driver experienced in operating Class A Flatbed trucks. Nelson Trucking has been successfully operating in the Seattle area for over 100 years and need your help to continue this success!
As a Driver, you will be responsible for properly loading and driving our trucks safely and within guidelines to ensure customer needs are met within the agreed upon timelines. You will work directly with customers so delivering top notch customer service will be key to your success in this position.
You must have a valid Class A CDL, Washington State Driver’s License and 1+ years of driving experience in this type of capacity. You will be expected to frequently lift 50 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds.
What we expect from our Drivers:
- Properly load and operate trucks
- Complete all paperwork in a timely and thorough manner
- Follow all safety and rules and regulations
You are the best candidate for the job if you:
- Operate, drive and back flat beds effectively under a wide verity of conditions (e.g., heavy traffic, poor weather, icy roads, hills, etc.)
- Hold a Class A CDL and valid Washington State License
- Have strong customer service skills to internal and external customers
- Are a team player and are willing to chip in and help out when needed
Don’t worry; we have great benefits and perks too:
- 100% employer paid health for employee and dependents
- Competitive hourly wage
- Generous PTO
- 9 paid Holidays per year
- Rich pension contribution ($5.43 per hour company contribution to employee pension)
We take pride in a safe work environment, drug and background checks required.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Principals only. Recruiters please don’t contact this job poster. Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Job Type: Full-time