Billing Specialist – Seattle, WA
Nelson Trucking – a Seattle fixture for over 100 years – is hiring for a Billing Specialist. We think Nelson Trucking is a pretty great place to work and we know you will love it too! This full time position will work with the Accounting team to compile data, prepare invoices and bills, and ensure timely accounts receivables (AR) from customers on a monthly basis.
- Downloads and gathers customer invoicing records and files, such as purchase orders, sales tickets, charge slips and Bills of Lading to create invoices.
- Audits bill of lading for prevailing wage and purchase orders for accuracy and reviews attached documentation.
- Call on past due invoices and collect receivables.
- Prepares invoices, listing items sold, services provided, and total amount to be collected.
- Prepares credit memorandums to indicate returned or incorrectly billed invoices.
- Posts transactions to accounting software; utilizes Excel worksheets, reports, ledger and other computer files.
- Responsible for mailing invoices on a timely basis at the end of each close period.
- Regularly communicates with internal and external customers.
- Submits and processes entire monthly invoicing.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree or equivalent.
- 3+ years experience in a billing support function.
- Proficient in QuickBooks preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and run reports utilizing accounting software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite tools.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service skills to internal and external customers.
- Ability to identify problems and make recommendations for resolution.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills with managers, supervisors, individual employees, dispatchers, and customers; interacts in a pleasant and professional demeanor.
- Ability to work independently; strong organizational and multi-tasking skills; results-oriented.
We offer a range of competitive benefits including 100% paid health benefits for employees and dependents, PTO, and 401k.
Please Reference JBCSNTIBLS01 when applying with your resume and pay expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster. Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.